Let me start by saying that just because something is dairy free doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious! Since both of my girls are dairy-free right now, so I am. Muffins are one of Addie’s favorite things to eat for breakfast. My basic naked muffin recipe was very easy to convert to a dairy free muffin recipe with a simple adjustment.
I love that with one basic recipe I can make basic vanilla muffins, any type of berry, banana and even chocolate chip muffins by simply changing out the extras.
Dairy Free Muffin Recipe
- 3/4 Cup Sugar or Sucanat
- 1/2 Cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2-1 Cup of Extras (if you are using frozen berries, make sure to dry them well, you don’t need any extra added moisture)
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Use either muffin liners or lightly oil your muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together your coconut oil and sugar. Then beat in your eggs and vanilla extract.
- Then add your flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl, mix well.
- Next add your almond milk and mix thoroughly. Fold in your extras you have decided to add until just mixed.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full or about 3 tablespoons full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until just browned on top.
Enjoy your muffins with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa for the little ones!
Tips: If you are looking for a dairy-free chocolate chip, try Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips; they are delicious and soy free as well. We occasionally use sweetened vanilla almond milk and omit the vanilla extract and reduce the sweetener to only 1/2 cup. If you are new to coconut oil, Tropical Traditions virgin coconut oil is my favorite. It has a firm texture at room temperature but once heated melts to an oil consistency and is perfect for baking.
What would be your favorite extra to add to your muffins?