This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of K12, the leader in online education. All opinions are 100% mine.
Homeschooling is often a topic that can be controversial. We had made the decision to homeshool for many reasons including wanting to have more hand on control of our children’s learning path. It has its challenges but what doesn’t when you are talking about children? The joys and satisfactions far out weigh any challenges we have been presented with so far.
There are so many options and resources available for homeschooling. We made the decision to begin with K¹² for Austin’s kindergarten year. We are now just over half way through the year and couldn’t be happier with the cirriculam. While it is rather intensive with the state requirements, it is proving to be very well rounded and allowing us to still challenge Austin so he stays interested and engaged.
Addie, although 18 months younger than her brother, love school! Most days she participates in our homeschooling. I love her fire for learning. Sometimes she does feel a bit left out because she doesn’t have “her own” school program. I was so excited to find out that K¹² offers a program called EmbarK¹².
They offer two programs:
- Developed by educational experts, this supplemental Pre-K program makes learning fun, dynamic, and enriching.
- 12 units of activities, each with related content and activities, covering Math, Language and Literacy, and topics from the world around them. Examples of topics include “Travel and Explore,” “Our World,” and “Story Time.”
- $59 for a 12-month subscription
- Over 1,200 age-appropriate activities, engaging children using a wide variety of interactive multimedia and hands-on materials – over 288 hours of activities in all!
- 18 thematic units covering 6 subjects: Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Music, and Art. Examples of themes include: Family and Friends, My Five Senses, and Looking at Animals.
- $286/year for a 12-month subscription and all of the upgrade kits including hands-on manipulative
It is an awesome program that can either be strictly online, or with the comprehensive program, online and hands on. I know this is something Addie will love, having her own computer log-in and her own school work that is geared just for her age.
If you are not familiar with the K¹² program, be sure to watch the informational video below. It is a program that I can honestly say we love.
EmbarK¹² is a Kindergarten readiness programs by K12. Try a sample activity today. and I don’t think you will be disappointed! You can receive a 50% discount on the EmbarK¹² Online program for the next seven ndays using code: EmbarkSpecial, making the 12-month online subscription only $29.50 with discount.