Wholesome Sweeteners is a company that began in 2001 and is the nation’s leading provider of sustainable, environmentally and ethically responsible, great tasting sweeteners in the USA. All of their sweeteners are Organic, Fair trade Certified, Non-GMO Verified, high quality sugars, syrups, flavored agave, and honey, all made from nature’s best resources.
They pioneered the certification process for Fair trade Certified sugar and honey in the USA. The Fair trade Certification guarantees farmers receive a fair price for their crops. Wholesome Sweetener has grown to become a recognized leader in socially and environmentally responsible business practices and products.
Fair-trade Certified means
- Farmers receive a fair price: Democratically organized farmer groups (called cooperatives) receive a guaranteed minimum price and an additional social premium for certified organic products. Farmer organizations are also eligible for pre-harvest credit.
- Fair labor conditions: Workers on Fair Trade farms enjoy freedom of association, safe working conditions, and living wages. Forced child labor is strictly prohibited.
- Direct trade: With Fair Trade, importers purchase from Fair Trade producer groups as directly as possible, eliminating unnecessary middlemen and empowering farmers to develop the business capacity necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- Democratic and transparent organizations: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers decide democratically how to invest Fair Trade revenues.
- Community development: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers invest Fair Trade premiums in social and business development projects like scholarship programs, quality improvement trainings, and organic certification.
- Environmental sustainability: Harmful agrichemicals and GMOs are strictly prohibited in favor of environmentally sustainable farming methods that protect farmers’ health and preserve valuable ecosystems for future generations.
Not only are they an amazingly ethical company, they also make amazing products! From organic raw honey, organic coconut palm sugar, organic stevia, organic agave, organic sugar, organic sucanat, organic turbinado, organic light brown sugar, organic dark brown sugar, organic powdered sugars, organic molasses and even organic corn syrup!
I received a great assortment of products to try this week and I can tell you they are amazing! I have already made several recipes that turned out perfect and will be sharing them soon! Make sure you check back on Monday for my first recipe for an Orange Cake!
Get Your Own Wholesome Sweeteners
I am so excited that Wholesome Sweeteners will be one of the sponsors in the upcoming Noise Girls Fall Foodie Event beginning on October 1st. Be sure you come back to enter as there will be great prize packages full of yummy goodies!
I received the above products to review. All opinions expressed are, as always 100% my own and those of my family.