If you were to ask my two or three years ago if I was interested in trying a fish taco I would have declined. I love tacos but FISH tacos? They just did not appeal to me.
While I was pregnant with Bethany I had days I craved fish! My body must have needed the Omega-3. I made lots of Salmon, Cod, Halibut and Tilapia. I often bake or broil it but never had I made fish tacos.
On a recent trip back to Little Rock we had some delicious Fish Tacos, courtesy of my uncle! I craved them after that. They were actually quite simple to make and were oh, so delicious!
Fish Taco Recipe
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- Sprinkle your fish evenly with salt, garlic and lemon pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Once the butter is just melted add the fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro, if desired.
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cups of corn
- juice of 3 limes
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees. Lay your corn on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook for 12-14 minutes. Turn your oven to broil and cook for 2-3 minutes until just browned.
- Peel and chop your avocados. Add the juice of three limes. Combine your corn and stir together until just mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2-3 Tablespoons on each fish taco or enjoy with tortilla chips!