Baking is something that we love to do together in our house. Maybe it is because we enjoy eating sweets (guilty!) but I think even more, is that the children are old enough now to start really helping and they love telling Daddy they made them.
We have our favorite cookie recipes that we have over the last few years altered to be a dairy-free and today we decided to try out another favorite. The girls love cinnamon toast and have recently been enjoying anything with cinnamon so we gave our Snickerdoodle recipe a makeover to make it into a dairy free cookie recipe.
They turned out awesome! Without further ado…..
Snickerdoodle Dairy Free Cookie Recipe
1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature not melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, plus 1 yolk
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 Tbsp water
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2¾ cup flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325°
2. Beat your coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. With mixer on medium speed add in egg, yolk, water and vanilla and beat for another minute.
3. Turn mixer to medium low and mix in remaining dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
4. In a separate bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by simply mixing together cinnamon and sugar.
5. Make small balls, about 1 Tbsp of cookie dough and roll it into the Cinnamon Sugar mixture.
6 .Place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. For a softer cookie, bake for 10. For a crisp cookie, bake about 12 minutes.
I got my inspiration for this recipe on Pinterest! Many of our great ideas are found while browsing. For more Pinterest remakes, here are a few of my favorite blogs:
- Whipped White Chocolate Body Butter by Food Fun Family
- Popsicle Stick Snowflake Wreath by Mom Does it All
- Snowman Sugar Cookie Sticks by Sincerely, Mindy
- Easy DIY Reindeer Your Child Can Make by Mommy Snippets
- Skillet Apple Cranberry Crisp by Upstate Ramblings
- Beeswax Glitter Candle by Mom Always Finds Out
- DIY Framed Decor by Philzendia