As I sit down to write this, I have to say I can not believe that 2014 is just days away from being gone. What a year it has been. It has truly been amazing in so many ways but needless to say the blog has been lacking in many ways. I am so excited for 2015 to begin, with renewed focus and a plan. A specific plan.
For the last two years I have chosen projects that wished to accomplish during the year, but have fallen short. My project list is very long but I have decided to choose 10 projects that I wish to tackle in 2015, that is less than one project a month (although I have plans to do many more). With focus and discipline on my part, I hope at the end of 2015 I am updating my project list to show I have crossed each and everyone off!
After careful consideration, these are the bigger projects I plan to tackle in 2015.
- Start a project life album for 2015.
- Sew memory animals for all three of my children as well as nieces and nephews. I haven’t decided what animals I will make or if I will make each one different but I have articles of clothing set aside for them that were pieces of my mothers. I finally feel like this is a project I am ready to handle.
- Build side tables – I love this rustic rolling side table that Beyond the Picket Fence created and may try my hand at it with repurposed pallets. This blog is amazing! She is so talented!
- Build a portable chicken tractor for new chicks in the spring. We haven’t settled on plans and I want this to be a project the children can help me with, so we will be choosing a rather simple set-up initially.
- Finish a denim rag quilt I started for Austin several years ago using the free online quilting class from Craftsy.
- Build benches and/or outdoor seating. I like this simple design from My Repurposed Life even with a small side table that is cute.
- Build book shelves for our school books from pallets like these from The Picket Fence Project.
- Creatively add indoor plants as décor pieces.
- Finally tackle a rag rug! I love this look from A Beautiful Mess.
- Sew curtains for the kitchen, sliding glass doors, Addie & Austin’s room.
My first project is going to be making a decision on which Project Life album I want and then get it ordered! I am ready to get the photos off my sd cards and into an album! How many of you are like me and have cards full of photos waiting to be cherished? Looking at the photos takes us backs to that moment, those feelings and experiences, they are truly priceless!
I know if I really put my mind to it, I can accomplish all of these projects! Do you create a to-do list each year? I would love for you to share with me what your plans are!