When I see photos of other homes online, on other blogs or in magazines that are neat and completely organized I think to myself, I so wish I had that. I have a clean house but it is messy. Sometimes just a little, sometimes heaven help us it looks like a tornado has come through the house.
Life with four children has taught me many lessons so far, as I am sure I will learn many more. One lesson I have learned so far is that you can’t do everything. I can’t always have a clean house, happy kids and happy Mama.
Right now we are in a rather messy phase of motherhood, potty training! You would think that it would be easy since I have potty trained two children already but something I have learned is that no two children are alike. What works for one child perfectly, may not work for the next child. My first two were a boy and a girl, so on opposite ends of the spectrum, I expected the differences. Miss B, well she is in another category of her own but I think I have learned to adapt pretty well.
Here are the basics of potty training I have learned that are important with all children:
- Don’t force them, wait until you see signs that they are ready.
- Give them an environment they feel comfortable and safe.
- Set a timer! You may laugh at the idea, but having them try at regular times helps.
- When you experience a set-back or are struggling, use positive reinforcement and continue trying.
- Pick out a few of their favorite books and have them within reach of “their” potty.
- Give them the confidence of independence! When my children learned that they could handle their business themselves, they excelled and we were potty trained. Having Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with their CleanRipple® Texture allows them to clean better and feel more confident.
When we were potty training our first, I learned a lesson. A big one! Not all flushable wipes are created equal. Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths are created to break up after flushing, are sewer and septic safe and alcohol free. I have found that the kids aren’t the only ones who enjoy using them for a more confident clean.
Currently Sam’s Club members will instantly save $3.00 at check out from June 22nd to July 17th. We were able to get a huge pack of 462 flushable wipes for only $11.83. I love being able to shop at Sam’s Club for bulk purchases, Club pick-up and subscription orders.
Although Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths can’t take care of every messy moment in a mom’s life, they can be there to take care of so many of the messy moments in the potty training milestone!