Is your family ready to escape the heat, breathe fresh Rocky Mountain air and save money on a summer getaway? Then your plans should include Winter Park, Colorado! With Winter Park Play Free, when you book 2 nights of lodging with participating merchants, you’ll get $50 on a Winter Park Key Card to spend on activities, shopping and dining… your choice of play throughout Winter Park & The Fraser Valley. Click here to learn more about Winter Park Play Free. Winter Park is 67 miles from Denver, has 200+ sizzling summer events, 600 miles of trails and Colorado’s longest alpine slide.
Winter Park, Colorado is a great destination even for families on a budget. They have a page with Fun on a Dime that lists 20 summer activities all under $20.00 and winter is coming soon. Here are a few of my favorites!
- For $10/day/adult (less for kids), the Grand Park Community Recreation Centerin Fraser offers an aquatic center that includes a 25-yard lap pool, hot tub, lazy river, water slide, and play structure for young children, a multi-sport gymnasium, gymnastic center, climbing wall, cardio/circuit training/free weight areas, fitness classes, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and drop-in child care.
- Snow Mountain Ranch has an arts and crafts program that is included in the day fee for $15 (materials cost extra). They offer paint your own pottery, mosaic, tie-dying, stain glass, leather work, beading and much more.
- Art First Fridays: Walk, bike or drive for a taste of local art at the many open houses in Winter Park & The Fraser Valley on the first Fridays of July-Oct from 4-8pm. It’s free! Visit our site’s events calendar for details.
- Wine and beer tasting available at local wineries and breweries.
- Winter Park Resort – Come summer, the resort turns into a popular high-altitude destination with fun-filled activities including Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide, mini golf, human maze, leaps & bounds bungee, climbing wall, scenic chairlift rides and more than 33 miles of chairlift-accessible mountain bike terrain. You may purchase a single activity for $6-$15 for adults/children and $6 for children 5 & under.
I lived in Utah in the late 90s and really miss the majestic Rockies. I would love to take a trip back West and show the beauty to my family. Colorado is a perfect place to pass through on our way out West. If you are looking for a great, family and budget friendly vacation to take the family on, why not check out Winter Park, Colorado!
I will be compensated for this sponsored post that was written on behalf of US Family Guide. All opinions are 100% my own.