It seems like it was just yesterday that I found out I was going to become a Mother. I knew I had a long road ahead of me but I couldn’t help but be so overjoyed. With each ultrasound I would hold my breathe to see your little heart beat and when I did it brought a tear to my eye.
The day I became your Mother I understood what love at first sight was. I loved you from the moment I knew you were alive inside me. That love grew and grew with each day, each flutter I felt and each pound I gained…all because I knew the end result was you.
It is hard to believe it has been 5 1/2 years since I became a Mother. It seems like only yesterday. With the birth of Bethany, I hold her and can’t help but think it seems that only yesterday Austin and Adalynne were this size. Where does the time go?
If I could freeze time I would like to think I would keep you all as my babies forever. That isn’t possible, I know. This is what I always want to remember about you right now, today.
To Austin my dear son,
- You can’t wait to be nine (because that is your favorite number right now).
- You love to learn, are such a deep thinker, have such passion for life and are a brilliant little man.
- You want to be a world traveler and experience everything…starting with the Sydney Opera House in Australia.
- You are such a good big brother, always looking out for your sister and trying to teach her what you have learned. It makes for very long phonics lessons but you are so proud of being able to help Addie.
- You love your sisters so much and told me today, “Bethany is the best thing in my life, I just love all my family.”
- You love with such an open heart, give such big hugs and kisses, love to cuddle in the mornings and yell out many extra I love yous from your bed every night.
To Adalynne my princess,
- You love to play with your babies and talk about when you will have your own baby one day.
- You LOVE to sing, which makes my heart so happy. You don’t let not knowing the words stop you, you sing anyways and please never let that stop. You are such a bright light when you sing from your heart.
- Your favorite song is Darius Rucker’s Wagon Wheel. You ask for it to be turned on the moment we load into the van and the singing commences, at the top of your voice. You know many of the words but the more excited you are, the more you run them together. It is the cutest thing on earth.
- You love to give hugs and kisses but kisses come a dozen a pop, one is just not enough.
- You crinkle your nose and make funny faces at people when you are uncomfortable.
- You and Austin will laugh at each other for hours if we let you.
- You have developed a fear of bugs but that is okay, because it lets Daddy have his moment as your hero.
To My dear baby Bethany,
- We are just getting to know one another but I can already tell so much about you…
- When you are awake, you are eyes wide open taking it all in.
- You don’t like to be moved while you are sleeping or eating and you are very vocal about it.
- You love to cuddle close.
- At three weeks old you are 7 pounds 3 ounces and just perfect!
- You look so much like your Daddy right now, and already act like him in more ways than you realize.
- You laugh in your sleep and I couldn’t love it any more.
- Although it took me a while to adjust to the thought of having another baby, I can’t imagine a moment without now, nor would I want to.
I have come to appreciate that the cherished memories are made from everyday moments. You being genuinely you. Those everyday moments make my heart full and for that I feel so blessed.
I love watching that light in your eyes when you discover new things.. That smile of pride you display when you figure something out on your own, it is priceless.
It is truly the everyday moments we cherish.
Don’t grow up too fast.
Enjoy the days of being young and innocent, looking at the world with wonder and amazement. I do and will continue to cherish your childhood everyday!
As a company focused on children I would like to thank Gymboree for being the sponsor of this #CherishChildhood post. The folks at Gymboree want you to join them in celebrating and sharing cherished moments in childhood. Gymboree has created an amazing new video to help kick off this campaign and I am thrilled to share it with you below.