I am out of cocoa powder right now so I made this chocolate frosting recipe using Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips! This recipe will frost a 9×13 cake. When I use it for a 9×9 cake, I refrigerate the leftover and use on graham crackers or just enjoy eating it 🙂
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Bring butter, milk and sugar to a soft boil. Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
- Then add the chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir until it begins to cool.
- I allow mine then to sit 2-3 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Stir and slowly pour over cake and spread evenly. It hardens very nicely!