The warmth tells me summert ime is here to stay. I love to garden, although I am not as far along as I would like this year. Adding compost to our gardens, whether they are in the ground, raised beds or even container gardens adds nourishment to the soil, which in turn is feed to our plants. Of coure we ultimately benefit from it in the end. If you think composting isn’t for you, why not try it out. There are so many ways to compost now, it can be very easy.
Here are a list of a few items you may be adding to your garbage, but could instead add to your compost bin instead to turn into rich food for your plants!
Around the House
- Contents of your vacuum cleaner bag or canister
- Newspapers(shredded or torn into smaller pieces)
- Subscription cards from magazines
- Leaves trimmed from houseplants
- Dead houseplants and their soil
- Flowers from floral arrangements
- Natural potpourri
- Used matches
- Ashes from the fireplace, barbecue grill, or outdoor fire pit
- Wrapping paper rolls
- Paper table cloths
- Crepe paper streamers
- Those hay bales you used as part of your outdoor fall decor