Compost is truly gardener’s gold! It can make an ordinary garden into something extraordinary! Composting can be so simple, even if yo are limited on space. In the coming weeks I will be sharing varies was you can start composting, including vermicomposting. Who ever thought am almost 30-year-old woman would be excited about getting a vermicomposter! But I am. Here are a few more household items that you may not realize can be added to your compost bins.
From the Laundry Room
- Dryer lint
- Old/stained cotton clothing—rip or cut it into smaller pieces
- Old wool clothing—rip or cut it into smaller pieces
From the Office
- Bills and other documents you’ve shredded
- Envelopes (minus the plastic window)
- Pencil shavings
- Sticky notes
- Business cards (as long as they’re not glossy)
- Fur from the dog or cat brush
- Droppings and bedding from your rabbit/gerbil/hamsters, etc.
- Newspaper/droppings from the bottom of the bird-cage
- Alfalfa hay or pellets (usually fed to rabbits)
List compiled from TreeHugger.com.