This is a sponsored post.
When Austin was an infant and I was working full-time I did tend to purchase the simple baby foods for him. Though I always purchased the organic varieties, I wanted to do it all myself. Crazy that sometimes we have to be willing to accept we have limitations, right! As he was a little older I tended to feed him most of the foods we would eat. With Addie we practiced more of the baby lead weaning and then made most all of her food ourselves as I was home much more.
With our 3.0 I hope by that point to be home exclusively (or be working from home at least) so I can make all her foods. When the Moms Meet group reached out to me and asked if I wanted to try out the Freshfoods™ Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker I was beyond excited to say, “Absolutely!”
Unlike many other baby food makers, this isn’t just a high-powered blender or food processor but it actually cooks/steams the fruits and veggies right inside. Can you make it any easier than that? Simply follow the directions to put the proper attachments in, peel and cube your produce (this applesauce was actually for us big kids to try out so we left the skins on like I normally would!) Then follow the instructions to add your water and begin! It was beyond simple.
Once the food is steamed then you just follow the instructions to puree. Although it would be nice to just press the button and it do it all, you do need to hold the button down while it is doing the actual puree process but I don’t mind because it allows me to control the consistency. In the beginning this will allow you to create very smooth mixtures and as the little ones grow, so can the texture and consistency. And best of all, it is all completed in one container, so you are not left with lots of dishes afterwards. It even includes dual steam baskets if you are making separate items so they can cook at one time.
Highlights of the Freshfoods™ Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker
- Dual-action function steams and blends food for quick, nutritious meals in
two easy steps
- Healthy steam cooking helps preserve vitamins and minerals
- Makes up to four meals at a time with large 32 oz bowl
- Double steamer basket separates food to help preserve flavors
- Beeps and stops automatically when ready
- With two texture options–smooth or chunky–you can use it for years as it
grows with your child
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Includes bonus smoothie blade so the whole family can enjoy
- Includes free recipe book with meal ideas from world-famous child nutrition expert, Annabel Karmel
I love that the recipe book included even contains recipes for meats! I couldn’t ever bring myself to feed my children canned baby foods with meats. Being able to make your own baby food and control what is added is such a great feeling.
The Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker retails for $99.99, but for a limited time, there is a $20 coupon is available online and $1 coupon for any Freshfoods™ accessory!
Accessories to compliment the Freshfoods™ Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker:
- Freshfoods Mash & Serve Bowl: Hand mashing of pre steamed veggies/fruits
- Freshfoods Food Mill: Hand-mill that grinds up the skins on veggies/fruits
- Freshfoods Freezer Tray: 9-portion silicone covered tray for easy and quick storage of your baby food
- Freshfoods Stackable Cubes: Little cubes to hold baby food
- Freshfoods Fill & Freeze Pops: Make delicious homemade popsicles
Did you make your baby food homemade or want to give it a try?
Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinions on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product.