Although I really enjoy getting local raw milk, it has been a little hard to find without driving over an hour. I get it when it is at all possible if not I purchase organic milk at the local grocery store. I have made our butter with fresh cream and it is yummy! I also make fresh Mozzarella Cheese and Creme de Fresh if I have the time. Making homemade dairy products will be an upcoming series that we will be running towards the fall; I can’t wait!
Here is a peak into my refrigerator and freezer. I get a meat share from a local Arkansas farm. They have organic or grass fed meats with no-added hormones or anti-biotics-Falling Sky Farms. If you are uncertain about finding a local farm near you, check with LocalHarvest.org or Eat Wild’s Grass Fed list by state.
- Cream Buttermilk
- Sour Cream
- Cheese-Sharp Cheddar & Mozzarella
- All Beef-Falling Sky Farms
- Pork-Falling Sky Farms
- Whole Chickens-Falling Sky Farms
- Vension-From my Father
- Frozen Fish-We have friends that bring us back fresh, wild caught from Alaska each summer 🙂
- Tuna-Canned Wild Alaskan Brand
- Salmon-Canned Wild Alaskan Brand
To see the other posts that show what else my pantry contains, go here.