Ever since I received my Wondermill, I have been loving trying different types of flours. Although you can make this recipe with any flour, the oatmeal flour makes it so moist and compliments the flavors and textures so well. If you have never tried using oatmeal flour, I would highly recommend trying it!
- 2 cups of oatmeal flour (or any other flour)
- ½ to ¾ cup of sucanat or sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries or ½ cup of fresh cranberries, chopped
- ¾ cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (with pulp) (two medium oranges)
- ¼ cup of melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of sucanat or brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Either use muffins liners or lightly grease your muffin tins (I prefer to use coconut oil).
- Juice your oranges (two medium oranges will give you about the amount of juice you need). Set the juice aside.
- Mix together all of your dry ingredients. Mix in your cranberries.
- Add in your egg, orange juice and butter or oil. Stir until it is just combined and moisten.
- Fill your muffin tins about ¾ of the way full. For the mini muffins, a tablespoon is the perfect size.
- Bake your muffins at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes and mini muffins 10-12 minutes.
Making the Streusel Topping
To make your streusel topping, melt your tablespoon of butter. Add in your sweetener and nuts. With a fork, combine well. Sprinkle a little on top of each muffin.