You may have re-read my title more than once, so let me explain the title! They are naked since this is my basic muffin recipe and with it you can dress it how you would like! It is a basic muffin recipe that you can simply add your favorite ingredients to, to turn it into whatever you would like! You can add blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, orange zest and chocolate chips, plain ol’ chocolate chips, cocoa and chocolate chips….you get the picture.
Austin likes these sometimes just plain. He calls them cupcakes (which I will let him think that is what they are)! Addie prefers her muffins with chocolate, but what is there that she doesn’t prefer with chocolate? Can you tell which are Addie’s?
Naked Muffin Recipe
- 3/4 Cup Sugar or Sucanat
- 1/2 Cup of Melted Butter or Melted Coconut Oil (try it with the Coconut Oil, it is so much better)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2-1 Cup of Extras (if you are using frozen berries, make sure to dry them well, you don’t need any extra added moisture)
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Use either muffin liners or lightly oil or butter your muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugar. Then beat in your eggs and vanilla extract.
- Then add your flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl, mix well.
- Next add your milk and mix thoroughly. Fold in your extras you have decided to add until just mixed.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until just browned on top.
- Serve warm with a glass of milk, enjoy!