We are a family all about seafood. My children love crab, shrimp, salmon and many other fish. While we don’t get it often, we love it when we do. This is a really simple recipe to make scampi at home. While it isn’t as rich as what you would get out at a restaurant, it is delicious!
We served ours over pasta this evening, but you can also serve alone with any combination of vegetables and it would be just as delicious.
- 1 Tablespoon of EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Vegetable Broth (or even Chicken broth)
- 1lb of deveined shrimp (medium or large)
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of dry minced onions or 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 Bunch of Kale or Whole Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 of Parmesan Cheese
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO and butter on medium heat. Add your garlic, onions and if using a bell pepper add it now, cook until soften, just about 3-4 minutes.
This recipe serves 4 but can be easily doubled to feed a larger crowd.