For those that know me, they know I love to shop at thrift stores and yard sales. I love clearance racks and finding great deals! My one weakness I have always had since finding out I was going to successful carry Austin six years ago is Gymboree! Why do they have to make such adorable kids clothes?
Even before I had a child I loved Gymboree. The regular prices were always a bit high for our budget but I didn’t let that stop me from being able to shop there! For anyone that walks into Gymboree, how can you not fall in love? There are always bright colors, gorgeous prints and the every changing cuteness! So I started figuring out how I could afford to purchase all the adorable cuteness Gymboree offers.
Here are seven ways I shop so I can afford to outfit my kids in adorable Gymboree clothing!
7 Ways to Save at Gymboree
- Logic tells us to shop sales, right! Gymboree always offers sales because they are always updating their new lines. They have sales and then they have SALES! Watch out for the sales when they offer an additional percentage off the reduced prices to save as much as 25% more!
- Shop end of the season sales for huge discounts! Children grow so quickly and each season need almost an entirely new wardrobe. By shopping for our next season when prices are at their absolute lowest, it allows me to really stretch my money while getting some of the cutest clothes! So at the end of summer when they are making space for their new fall and winter lines, you can score amazing deals. Yes, it will have to be stored but if I can get 5 shirts for the price of 1 regular priced shirt it is totally worth it!
- Take advantage of coupons! Gymboree often sends coupons in the mail for an additional 20% off or $15 off a $60 purchase that can be used in addition to any sales being offered. That savings really adds up! You can also usually find a coupon in the Parents magazine as well.
- Shop when you can earn Gymbucks! What are Gymbucks? They are reward dollars that you can use at a later time. The way it works is when they are offering a earning period, if you spend $50 you are given a $25 Gymbucks reward that can be applied to $25 off a $50 purchase. There are dates that you can redeem Gymbucks but they can be used on sale items just not combined with other coupons.
- Sign up for the Gymboree rewards program! Any free rewards program is worth signing up for. You receive points for each dollar spent and every so often I receive a voucher in the mail with free Gymboree dollars. It doesn’t cost anything so why not?
- At the end of each season I store my clothing until the season rolls around again. Then I take my kids clothes to a local consignment shop or start using Ebay to sell them. Gymboree clothing washes really well and if taken care of can look amazing. I take the money I make from my previous season to fill in what they need going into the new season. If you do not have a local consignment store, you could try the services offered by thred-Up. I have yet to see what I have been paid for what I sent in recently but the concept is great.
- As soon as a new line is released, I would love to go right out and purchase it, but I know I can save so much by being patient. When new lines are introduced, they automatically reduce the other lines they offer.
To save big shop during the semi-annual Big Red Balloon event! This is my favorite sale as I can usually score some beyond amazing deals! This is when they offer sales of 70% or more off retail!
Take a look to see what I scored last week with a full retail value of $392.05 plus tax!
With the sale and my coupon I paid as little as $.39 for a pair of socks, $2.39 for a shirt and $3.20 for a pair of Gymmies that we love!
3-Pairs of long sleeve Gymmies
1-Pair of underwear
2-Pack sock combo
1-Knit Rock outfit (2-pieces)
2-Hair Accessories (one Addie had her hands on)
1-Pair of Socks
Long sleeve shirt
Long sleeve shirt with matching sweater skirt (I also have matching tights for this one!)
Polka-dot dress with matching socks
Dog long sleeve onesie with matching socks (I have tights & matching hat for this one already!)
4 2-packs of socks
So I didn’t get enough to complete a season’s wardrobe but I got some really adorable pieces and I don’t have one pair of long sleeve pajamas so the Gymmies alone are a huge deal!
I used a 20% off coupon to get additional savings and paid $58.94 out of pocket. That is 85 % off the retail!
And then to top it off I received a $25 Gymbucks voucher to use later in July!
Do you shop at Gymboree or think you will give it a try now?
Although I am a Grow With Me Blogger for Gymboree, this post was not compensated for and all opinions are 100% my own.