Join the Champions for Kids Spin Into Action SIMPLE Service Project!
What is the first thing you notice when you look at others? It may be different for each of us, but for me, I tend to notice their smile. My children have the most beautiful smiles and I want to ensure I do my part to help them to keep it that way. Practicing good dental hygiene is so very important to your overall health, as is eating a balanced diet. Teaching our children from a young age to take good care of their teeth and gums is vital!
Four Simple Dental Hygiene Tips
- Dental care should start even before your child’s first tooth appears. Simply wipe your baby’s gums with a soft and sterile cloth at least twice a day after feeding to prevent the build-up of bacteria.
- Once a tooth breaks the gums, use a soft-bristled brush to clean your child’s teeth. At this point, only water is recommended.
- Once children are old enough to hold their own toothbrush, you should start teaching them to brush their own teeth. Use a child size toothbrush and only a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Once permanent teeth start appearing there is ever more reason to be vigilant. Ensure that your child is brushing twice a day as well as flossing daily to keep their mouth healthy.
Plaque is the enemy of out mouth. Choosing the right tools to keep our teeth and guns clean is so important. The Spinbrush™ battery-powered toothbrushes can remove up to 70% more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
Champions for Kids and the Spin Into Action Initiative
I have been privileged to partner with Champions for Kids twice before and would anytime! Champions for Kids is an organization that makes it simple to give kids in your community the resources they need to thrive! Their core values have remained their driving commitment.
All children should have:
- Someone who cares
- A place to belong
- Hope for tomorrow
- Provisions for their journey
With the goal of Mobilizing Millions, Champions for Kids has the goal to touch 20 Million by 2020! And they are well on their way. With over 36,000 participates in all 50 states, over 1200 organizations have received assistance that has touch over 157,000 children!
How Can We Help?
This month’s featured SIMPLE Service project is featuring Spinbrush Spin Into Action.
It’s this SIMPLE! Get involved!
- GATHER your community to collect fun toys and colorful children’s items (like books, games, blankets, and toothbrushes)!
- COUNT the number of items you collected and take photos!
- DONATE the items to a local hospital, shelter, or foster care agency in your community to give kids hope, comfort, and fun in challenging situations.
- DOUBLE your impact by reporting your project at championsforkids.org/share during the month of July 2013. Let us know how many people were involved and how many items you collected, and Spinbrush® will make a matching donation of up to 1,000 Tooth Tunes™ toothbrushes (total) through Champions for Kids to help children in need!
While I only had the weekend to coordinate, the kids and I went shopping to pick up some fun Spinbrush® toothbrushes and other fun and colorful summer items that could be enjoyed by other children in need. At my children’s ages, using a battery powered Spinbrush is fun! Getting them to brush for two minutes can be a challenge though. Spinbrush® Tooth Tunes has taken that challenge to the next level.
The Spinbrush® promotes healthy brushing and good dental hygiene habits; while it removes plaque and massages the gums. Tooth Tunes offers a really cool incentive of playing a full two minutes of your favorite tunes while you are brushing. That makes it so much easier to enjoy brushing! Right now there is a $2.00/1 Spinbrush® toothbrush printable coupon online as well as a really fun sweepstakes to see the band One Direction on their website.
The kids had fun selecting which brushes they wanted to donate as well as some other fun summer items. What summer would be complete without water balloons and bubbles (selection was the courtesy of Austin) as well as fun coloring books, crayons and water color paints (chosen by Addie). It is so much fun to get my children involved in giving to others and explaining why there are needs. Our children need to understand that we can make differences in the lives of others by small, simple actions.
We were able to coordinate with one of my sisters and my sister in law who also picked up a few items for us to donate to a local women’s and children abuse shelter. Even though we do not know personally who will benefit from our donation, it is such a great feeling knowing that by a SIMPLE act, other children will benefit.
Would you like to take part in the Mobilizing Millions Campaign? I would encourage you, even if just in a small way to get involved! This month’s Spin Into Action SIMPLE Service Project could be as small as donating one Spinbrush®.
To see our full shopping experience as well as our donation, visit my #Spinbrush4Kids Google+ album.