Summer Bloggin’ Challenge-Day 11 Best Day

What was the best day of my life?  Well I have many great days I remember, meeting my husband for the first time, when he asked me to marry him, when we did get married…but the best day(s) came as a result of those.  For me, it was the days I was finally able to hold my little ones.  With Austin I was in labor 6 1/2 days, the first 3 1/2 being immensely painful back labor.  I was so relieved that the very bumpy ambulance ride to transfer me to a hospital suitable to handle my trauma baby shifted him and my contractions were 1/4 of the pain they were before.  He arrived at 11:38pm the night a tornado ripped through our town in 2008.  He was 34 weeks and weighed in a 5 pounds 13 ounces when he was born, 4 pounds 1 ounce when we got to leave the hospital.

Addie’s birth was much calmer and much quicker.  I was seeing a specialist who had dealt with many women with a Protein S deficiency and treated me very well.  Due to my condition, it was no longer feasible for Addie to continue inside me and at 8:30am they started the Pitocin to induce.  My family including Hubby, my Mother and Father and brother and his wife all sat around the room for a while.  Towards the end of Price is Right I started becoming uncomfortable and sent everyone out except Hubby and Mother.  I was checked at almost noon and was told I would be about another hour.  I knew that couldn’t be.  He had the opportunity to walk back to his office and I told the nurse I needed to push.  Just like with Austin, I dilated from a 4 to 10 in less than 15 minutes.  If you are a Mama, you know that when it is time to push, it is time to push!  Being told to wait it very difficult.  The doc opened the door, put one glove on and I pushed.  Out she came, she was almost 37 weeks and weighed in at a healthy 6 pounds 3 ounces.  She left the next day at her brother’s birth weight of 5 pounds 13 ounces.

I will share more details down the road about my traumatic birth with Austin but in the end I made it through both births without an Epideral and all that mattered was they were here and ultimately healthy!  I couldn’t have been happier to hold anything else in the world.  When I was looking through the photos to include for this post, I came to this picture and just for the memories from this day, I had to include it!  The kids laughed and played for hours, the laughter that makes your belly sore.  I can’t imagine them not having each other!

3 thoughts on “Summer Bloggin’ Challenge-Day 11 Best Day”

    1. Yes, it was actually 6 1/2 days. Since I was early and they were a little concerned about his lungs they really tried to prolong it, almost killing me in the meantime with meds. Long story that I will share some day but it started Wednesday afternoon on my drive home and I had him the following Tuesday at almost mid-night 🙂 I was just so happy that he was finally here and that he made it through all the trauma. It almost did hubby and my mother in worse than me!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.